Working in the web development industry, I often get asked questions like “should I redesign my website?” and “what’s the point of redesigning my website?”. Although the answers to questions like this can be complicated, it’s important to understand them.
With this in mind, I decided to put together this short article to help you decide whether or not you should be redesigning your website. I’ve included things like the benefits of redesigning your site, how to decide when it’s time to redesign, and a few quick tips to help you on your way.
What Are The Benefits Of Redesigning My Website?
If you designed your website a few years ago, the chances are that your audience has grown and your long-term goals have changed since then. With this in mind, you should immediately be able to see that redesigning your site could help you cater to your visitors more effectively. Other benefits include:
- You can boost your SEO rank by structuring your website in a search engine friendly manner.
- You can improve your marketing effectiveness by including things like landing pages and call to action buttons designed to encourage a specific action.
- You can change your site’s navigation menus so that it’s more user friendly and easier to get around.
- You could even rebrand entirely by creating a new logo and changing your entire design. This could help you launch yourself towards online success.
As you can see, there are numerous benefits associated with redesigning your website with a professional such as Web Design Perth. But, it’s not for everyone.
When Should I Redesign My Website?
Deciding when to redesign your website can be difficult, especially if you’re not an experienced developer or designer. Consider the following to help you make your decision:
- Visitor numbers and whether your current design can handle the number of visitors you’re getting.
- Navigation and whether you need to change your menus and overall layout to make navigation easier. This could be the case if you’re site has existed for a few years and has more content than it used to.
- Current trends which you could harness. It could simply be the case that your website is old, a bit shabby looking, and could just do with a new look.
Overall, the decision to redesign your website won’t be easy, and it’s one that you should spend a bit of time thinking about before you make it.
Top Tips For Redesigning Your Website
If you do decide to go ahead with redesigning your site, these tips should help you maximise your efficiency and get the most out of the process.
- Consider your audience demographics and see if you can change your design to be more attractive to them.
- Look at what you’re competitors are doing, take the things they are doing well, and try to improve on them for your site.
- Use a professional designer if you don’t have experience in the field.
All things considered, redesigning a website shouldn’t be too hard. Make sure that you do some research, and identify the things you want to change before you start.
Good luck if you decide to go ahead with a redesign after reading this article!